Welcome to the DRP! We offer premier writing workshops in Jamaica that are mentored by the best writers in the Caribbean. We invite your submission to our programs. Please see the guidelines below.
General Submissions - We're just looking for your best work
There are no reading fees at this time
Only DRP Members and/or persons that have participated in DRP workshops from January 2016 - December 2018 are eligible to submit.
We are seeking poems, creative non-fiction, flash fiction and short stories that explore, or are inspired by the themes of the 2016 - 2018 writing program. This includes nature, drumming, military history, indigenous peoples, spirituality, folk medicine, slavery and rebellion.
Poems or stories that were either crafted during the workshop sessions or that show influences of elements of craft explored on those occasions are most favored.
- Deadline extended to :- March 30, 2019
- We accept finished and unpublished work of poetry, fiction or non - fiction
- Poetry; we will consider no more that 3 poems, each of which should not exceed 20 lines
- Fiction / Non-Fiction; we will consider not more than 2000 - 2500 words.
- We accept word format (doc/docx/rtf) 12pt, Left Alignment, 1.5 - 2 line spacing
- Brief bio of 75 words
- Contact information (name / telephone number /address/ email)
Email your inquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected work will appear in our 2018 e-Pamphlet. The DRP retains first time ePublishing rights to your work, however, all rights revert to the writer after the epub date in 2019. As a thank you for your contribution, a soft copy of the e-Pamphlet will be given to all participants. A token of $500.00 JMD will also be paid for each accepted submission.
Check out the 2017 ePamphlet Fever Grass: A Collection of New & Established Caribbean Writers.